Sure People Solutions proudly represents an International leader in building and construction materials with an extensive production and distribution network across the country, supplying a comprehensive range of standard, premium, high-performance concrete.
Due to ongoing expansion our client is seeking to hire enthusiastic, professional and experienced Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanics to contribute to the business. You will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient mechanical service involving the repair, servicing and maintenance of plant equipment and the vehicle fleet. Competitive pay and benefits and ongoing development and career opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate.
In your new role, you will be:
- Determining vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeping equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules.
- Verifying vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complying with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintaining vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing.
- Maintaining vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Enhancing maintenance department and organization reputation.
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies.
- Carrying out general repairs and major overhauls or replacement of engines and gearboxes as required.
- Attending vehicle breakdowns and conduct roadside repairs as necessary.
This role is a great fit for you, if you:
- Hold a Trade Qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Hold a Safety Construction Industry CPCCOH1001A (white card).
- Have good communication skills (written and oral)
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- Have the ability to recognize problems/issues, analyze, formulate and implement appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate application of critical thinking
- Possess a strong process/task orientation.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Workshop operations and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with the mechanical workshop plant and fleet.
- Knowledge in the latest technology relating to a mechanical workshop, plant and fleet.
- Good knowledge of electronic diesel engines, hydraulics. (Desired)
- Current HR drivers licence. (Preferred).
- Experience with MACK/VOLVO equipment preferred.
What will be offered to the successful candidates:
- You will be rewarded with competitive rates of pay, including penalty rates and allowances
- Be part of a highly recognized global brand name and growing organization
- Ongoing career and development opportunities
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening. Random drug and alcohol tests are conducted.
Please apply in word format & attach all relevant documents, qualifications & certifications to the resume. Note: as part of your application your resume must demonstrate 5 consecutive years of employment history with relevant referees.
Sure People Solutions & its client, are Equal Opportunity Employers hence, encourage all suitable, job-ready applicants to apply.
Sure People Solutions, proudly represent a number of leading innovative resources services firms and is considered a leader in innovative practices for specialist industries. By applying for this job you give consent for Sure People Solutions to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and services.
We look forward to reviewing your application.